In a quest for well-hydrated, stronger hair, you’ll need a little nourishing hair oil that can repair weakened strands. Our Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Oil review covers the reliability of this silicone-free hair oil that is formulated with bioidentical lipids and moisture-retaining ceramides.
We take a deep analysis of Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil by looking at the formula, authentic reviews, disadvantages, and alternatives. For a more thorough look at the complete Don’t Despair, Repair line, click here.
Who Is It Best Suited For?
Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Oil is fortified with clinically-proven repair technology that promises to strengthen and protect your hair. It seals in your hair cuticles and strengthens the inner core, keeping the disulfide bond stronger.
This concentrated hair oil is suitable for everyone, particularly those with dry, damaged, brittle, and coarse hair. Those who have processed and chemically-treated hair or use relaxers and experience frequent hair drying, can also benefit from the moisturizing effects of this oil.
Additionally, Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Oil is ideal for high-porosity hair that can retain moisture because the outer cuticle is open. The signs can be seen if you notice the hair tangles easily, feels dry, tends to be frizzy, and is prone to breakage.
- WHO IT'S FOR: Dry, brittle, damaged hair of all types and textures
- WHAT IT IS: A lightweight leave-in spray scientifically proven to reduce hair breakage after 2 uses. Provides deep moisture to boost hair's resilience
- WHAT IT DOES: This strengthening and moisturizing leave-in mask boosts hair’s strength and harnesses a unique microencapsulated argan oil to restore essential hydration and natural vibrancy to dry, damaged hair.
Next, let’s take a look at the formula.
The Formula, Scent, and Application of Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil
The Briogeo Hair Oil is a very silky, lightweight oil and quickly absorbs into your shaft, leaving it smooth and shiny. A little goes a long way. Just don’t use too much, otherwise, your hair will be greasy. It has a pleasant rose fragrance, and it’s relatively on the strong side.
The packaging looks aesthetically pleasing with dried roses, which is a reminder of the product’s key ingredient. The bottle opening is doughnut-shaped, so you have to shake it firmly for the drops to come out. Be careful, as it may ruin a linen shirt if it splatters your shirt.
This hair oil can be used on dry and damp hair, focusing on the areas of damage (mid-lengths to ends). It excels at taming frizz and flyaways, especially if applied to dry hair. You can also add a few drops to your Briogeo hair mask for extra moisture.
Next, let’s check out the price.
Where to Buy Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Oil?
At first glance, it seems like $30 is a bit pricey for 1 fl oz. It can be a little wasteful (especially for curly, coily, and coarse hair), but the Briogeo Hair Oil is a great deal when you think about how versatile it is, leaving your hair soft, frizz-free, and glossy.
- WHO IT’S FOR: Those with dry, damaged or color treated hair. For all hair types.
- WHAT IT IS: A silicone-free hair oil treatment fortified with repairing ceramides.
- WHAT IT DOES: This treatment hair oil repairs the hair cuticle and bonds split ends.
Since it works to repair damaged locks, you can save more bucks without draining your wallet for extensive professional treatments.
If you are in a quest for at-home intensive repair treatment, you can pair it with the Briogeo Rice Water Protein Treatment and Deep Conditioning Mask.
- WHO IT’S FOR: Those with dry, damaged or color treated hair. For all hair types.
- WHAT IT IS: An intensive weekly hair treatment that delivers the optimal balance of protein + moisture and is scientifically proven to strengthen hair after 1 use.
- WHAT IT DOES: This dual-action formula protects hair from future damage, while deeply hydrating ingredients work to nourish dry, brittle hair and support healthy elasticity in your strands. Formulated with 98% naturally derived ingredients.
- WHO IT’S FOR: For those with dry, damaged or color treated hair. Hair types: straight, wavy, curly and coily hair.
- WHAT IT IS: A weekly, clinically proven hair mask and deep conditioner that strengthens damaged hair and helps prevent future damage.
- WHAT IT DOES: Clinically proven to decrease hair breakage after two uses. This hair mask is clinically proven to boost hair strength, shine, and silkiness and improve the long-term health of damaged hair.
To help you decide if this product is worth trying, let’s take a look at the ingredients to see how it works.
Briogeo Hair Oil Ingredients Breakdown
As the name implies, the Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil is loaded with nourishing oils, including strawberry seed oil, sweet almond oil, sandalwood oil, galbanum resin oil, rosehip oil, and many more.
Similar to the rest of the Don’t Despair Repair collection, the Briogeo hair oil is also free of silicone, dye, paraben, and phthalate. Plus, it’s 97% natural, vegan, and Leaping Bunny-certified cruelty-free.
Given below is the full list of Briogeo hair oil ingredients.
|Skin-conditioning ingredient||Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Ethyl Macadamiate, Rose Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Dicaprylyl Carbonate|
|Skin-identical ingredient||Ceramide NP, Squalane|
|Antioxidant||Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol|
|Moisturizer/Humectant||Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid|
|Solvent||Dicaprylyl Ether, 1,2-Hexanediol|
|Exfoliant, buffering||Malic Acid|
|Perfuming||Rose Flower Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Fragrance|
Let’s take a closer look at the key ingredients and a few nourishing add-ons.
You may know about ceramides from your skincare that can repair the skin barrier to retain moisture. Not only our skin is composed of 50% ceramides, but they’re also naturally occurring in our hair cuticles.
Ceramide NP is one of the types of ceramides with the “N” standing for normal fatty acids and the “P” for its phytosphingosine base. By creating a protective film on your hair fibers, ceramide NP helps to keep the cuticles close, improving hydration and preventing it from escaping.
Over time, it helps repair damaged hair and protect it from further damage, thanks to its biomimetic molecules that can reseal the lifting of hair cuticles for a smoother, stronger, and shinier appearance.
Ethyl macadamiate is a plant-derived ingredient that is used as a substitute for silicones. It is made from a blend of the ester of ethyl alcohol and fatty acids from macadamia nut oil, which then form a skin-conditioning agent (particularly emollient).
Ethyl macadamiate is beneficial to improve your hair’s moisture, softness, and shine without making it greasy as silicones do. It also helps add a great slip to the product so it can easily spread throughout your hair.
Rose Flower Oil
Besides being used for its relaxing aromatherapy scent, rose oil is also believed to have antioxidants, antimicrobial, and emollient properties. Due to its antimicrobial properties, rose flower oil may help soothe inflamed or irritated scalps by adding moisture to it.
It is also beneficial to improve hair’s moisture and shine thanks to its emollient properties that lock moisture in the inner layers of your hair. Plus, it may also help reduce oxidative stress for healthy hair.
Sweet Almond Oil
True to its name, sweet almond oil is derived from the seeds of the almond tree that contains omega fatty acids (oleic, linoleic, and palmitic acids) and vitamin E antioxidants. Just like coconut oil, sweet almond oil can penetrate your hair shaft and fill the gaps with its fatty acid contents.
That’s why it is beneficial to strengthen your hair and repair damage while also preventing future breakage. Sweet almond oil also can help add moisture and shine to your hair due to its emollient properties that lock in moisture.
Other Standout Ingredients
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: Derived from fatty acids found in coconut oil and glycerin, it works by coating the outer cuticle of your hair to retain moisture and protect against external damage. It also can absorb your hair to repair damage from the inside out.
Rosa Canina Fruit (Rosehip) Oil: Extracted from the seeds of rose hip, this oil is brimming with fatty acids (linoleic, alpha-linoleic, and oleic) and antioxidants. It is beneficial to protect your hair against oxidative stress and strengthen it from within.
Squalane: It is produced by converting squalene from an unsaturated oil to saturated oil to make the molecules more stable. Squalane can repair damage and protect your hair from future breakage.
Panthenol: It is made of pantothenic acid, otherwise known as vitamin B5. Panthenol is beneficial to improve your hair’s hydration and strength, minimize breakage, and help slow down thinning hair.
Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid: Typically synthesized in the lab, hyaluronic acid is one of the popular humectants which help retain moisture. It helps add moisture to your hair by drawing moisture from the atmosphere to your hair’s surface and sealing it to prevent water loss.
These are the benefits of each Briogeo hair oil ingredient, which can add moisture, strength, softness, and shine at the same time. Check out the next section to see the results from various users.
Authentic Reviews of Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil
We cover real-life user experiences of different hair types, textures, lengths, colors, and concerns after using Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Oil.
Results of a woman with thin, curly hair that tends to frizz easily. This oil reduces frizziness and doesn’t leave her hair looking greasy.
Results of a blonde woman who has very dry hair and is living in a very dry climate. The right side is right after applying the Briogeo hair oil, which looks shinier and healthier than the left side.
Results of a brunette woman who has wavy hair and split ends. This oil really helps nourish and hydrate her hair without leaving her hair greasy. She also noticed it helps seal in the split ends she has.
Results of a woman with wavy hair after going through radiation treatment that extremely damaged her hair. Briogeo hair oil saves her ends and delivers soft, healthy, and gorgeous hair after only a few uses. She even can style her hair again without severely damaging it.
Results of a 4-year-old female with blonde, ringlet curls who has never had a haircut. After the first use, this oil helps her curls from getting frizzy and makes them softer and more defined.
Results of a woman with wavy, brunette hair after using the Briogeo hair oil. Her hair instantly looks so soft and shiny.
Results of a woman with bleached-blonde hair that is easily matted and hard to comb. After a few uses and blow-drying her hair for the first time in months, her hair feels soft and much more manageable.
Overall, Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil really does its job in delivering smooth, shiny, and healthy hair to various hair types and textures. Next, let’s check out the side effects of the product.
Possible Side Effects and Disadvantages
Overall, the ingredients used in Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Oil are safe and won’t cause severe health concerns. However, some ingredients may cause mild side effects to people who have sensitive skin.
Here we discuss the possible side effects and disadvantages of Briogeo hair oil.
- If you have a tree nut allergy, it is best to avoid this hair oil as it contains Ethyl Macadamiate, which is extracted from macadamia nut oil.
- The product contains a few perfuming ingredients, which might be overpowering. If you are sensitive to fragrance, the Verb Moringa + Jojoba Hair Treatment Oil can be an alternative for you.
- You may need to regularly use a clarifying shampoo (weekly or biweekly) as this hair oil contains Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride that is insoluble in water. You can choose between Briogeo Scalp Revival Scalp Scrub, Ouai Detox Shampoo, or Biolage Clean Reset Shampoo.
- The Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil contains Malic Acid that is used to stabilize the product’s pH. However, it may cause allergic reactions like rash, swelling, or itching in sensitive skin. Kindly stop using the product and soothe the effects with hydrocortisone cream.
Always double-check the ingredients before investing in the Briogeo hair oil to stay clear of unwanted side effects. Next, let’s take a look at the alternatives.
Alternatives to Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Hair Oil
Whether you’re looking for repairing damage or keeping frizz and flyaways at bay, the option is not limited to Briogeo. Here we provide 3 alternatives that may suit your hair needs.
Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil
- WEIGHTLESS HAIR OIL: Verb Ghost Oil is a revitalizing hair finishing oil that enhances sheen; the hair protection oil smooths, softens and reduces frizz, promoting radiant shine for all hair types
- INGREDIENTS: Bamboo Extract in the lightweight hair oil strengthens the hair and helps retain moisture, Moringa Oil nourishes and smooths frizz, and Hydrolyzed Soy Protein seals in moisture
- ONLY GOOD STUFF: This paraben free, gluten free hair treatment oil with no harmful sulfates is vegan and cruelty free; Made in the USA, the smoothing oil can also be used to rehydrate and refresh skin and beards
If you have fine, thin, or straight hair, this one may be a great fit for you. This lightweight oil is formulated with hydrolyzed soy protein and moringa oil that helps add moisture to your hair. Plus, the bamboo extract helps to strengthen the hair follicles.
You can get a 2-oz bottle of this hair oil for $20 on Amazon, which is quite affordable compared to Briogeo.
Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil
Not only does it have a lightweight texture, but it can actually be a lifesaver for extremely damaged hair. Its patented Bis-aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate works to reform broken bonds together while Grape Seed Oil and Green Tea Oil helps to protect your hair and improve its texture.
Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil costs $30 for 1 fl oz, which is similar to Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Oil.
Read our full review of Olaplex as a brand to learn more about the details.
Ouai Hair Oil
- OUAI HAIR OIL. A powerful, multi-tasking oil for every occasion. It protects hair from color fading and heat/UV damage, smooths split ends and frizz, and adds next-level shine. For that high-gloss sleek look, use the OUAI Hair Oil. Protects hair from heat damage up to 450°F / 232°C.
- YOUR HAIR'S HOLY GRAIL. African galanga, ama, and Asian borage oils protect and smooth hair like you've never seen before. Work 1-3 drops through wet hair, add to dry hair after a blowout or leave on overnight as an intense hydrating mask.
- OUAI MEANS YES. In that casual Parisian way. OUAI is about being better IRL than on Instagram. It’s about having honest conversations with our community. It’s about letting go of unrealistic expectations and embracing your imperfections.
When it comes to a multi-tasking treatment oil, Ouai Hair Oil won’t let you down. It is packed with Aman Oil that addresses the damage and African Galanga Root Extract to preserve color-treated hair vibrancy. Meanwhile, Borage and Baobab Seed Oils help deliver smooth and frizz-free hair.
This lightweight hair oil costs you $30 for 1.5 fl oz, which is quite similar to Briogeo and Olaplex.
Check out our Ouai review if you’re looking for the right shampoo that’s customized to your hair texture.
Bottom Line: An Intense Reparative Treatment for Damaged Hair
Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair Strengthening Treatment Oil is packed with biomimetic lipids that can help replenish damaged strands while also providing extra hydration for a soft, shiny finish. Given the formula is highly concentrated, make sure to use it in a small amount to avoid hair looking greasy.
Hope this review was useful and helped you gain clarity about the reliability of Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Oil. Leave us with questions or thoughts in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use Briogeo Strengthening Treatment?
Apply a few drops of Briogeo hair oil to damp or dry hair. Style your hair as usual. If you have frizzy hair, we suggest using it on dry hair to help reduce frizziness or flyaways.
Can I leave Briogeo overnight?
Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Oil is a leave-in treatment, so you can leave it until the next shampoo.
Does Briogeo Strengthening Treatment Oil work as a heat protectant?
This hair oil is designed to address dryness, damage, split ends, and dull hair, but not for heat protection. You can choose from Ouai Hair Oil, JVN Complete Instant Recovery Serum, or Olaplex No. 9 Bond Protector.
Karmelia is a writer at Reactive hair with a background in International Relations. She is usually glued to her laptop exploring the skincare & haircare world. She loves writing quality content that help people get a better understanding of the safety of the products they are using for better hair health.
Driven by her enthusiasm, Karmelia strives to empower ordinary individuals in making informed choices about their haircare routines. Recognizing the overwhelming number of products available in the market, she understands the importance of reliable guidance to navigate through the options. Through her articles, she aims to bridge the gap between scientific knowledge and everyday haircare, ensuring that her readers can easily grasp the benefits and suitability of various products.