This post was most recently updated on November 23rd, 2020
PRIORIN Hair Vitamin$23.96 to $24.99
- 100% Natural
- Contributes towards scalp health
- Improves hair moisture and thickness
- Contributes towards the maintenance of normal hair growth
- Some users experience negative side effects such as dizziness, headache
- Not suitable for treating male pattern baldness
It’s tough – coming to terms with the fact that you are losing hair. Once you identify the issue though, you can start addressing it with the right treatment and in this Priorin review, we will tell you if Priorin will solve your problem.
Priorin has already been proven to be effective for hair growth and regrowth, and many people are happy that a solution like Priorin exists to get rid of their FPHL.
If you are interested in learning more about Priorin before buying it, you can read this article to find out what to keep in mind, the scientific breakdown of every ingredient, pros and cons, and much more!
Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying Priorin
- Priorin is a supplement that aids hair growth, it helps your hair grow from the inside.
- This drug can be taken by both men and women experiencing hair loss. Children can take these vitamins from the age of 14.
- If you are pregnant, consult your doctor for proper dosage before using it.
- Priorin does not guarantee quick hair (re)growth. Just like any other hair supplement, it takes time to see the effects, research suggests usage for at least 12 to 24 months to see results, but we have seen people get visible results in as little as 3 months (2).
- Priorin’s ingredients have not been proven to be effective as a treatment for pattern baldness in men.
- If you have experienced an allergic reaction to biotin in the past, it is not advisable to use Priorin.
- Priorin’s formula is a combination of various natural herbal extracts, vitamins, and minerals; Bayer states that Priorin is “clinically proven to stimulate and increase hair growth,” consumers are also promised effects such as hair regrowth.
Where to Buy Priorin?
Priorin doesn’t sell their product directly from their website, but depending on where you’re based, there are several options for ordering Priorin’s hair vitamins somewhere else. Down below, we listed options for different areas you may want to buy Priorin from.
Some of the other websites further down the list also offer worldwide shipping, but Vicnic is the best option to buy priorin hair growth stimulation capsules from, overall with the price of €39,99 EUR for 120 capsules.
An added bonus is that they have (at the time of speaking), two other products available from Priorin that are very hard to get from anywhere else: Priorin Liquid and Priorin Shampoo.
These other products are most effective when used in combination with Priorin’s hair growth capsules that we will be covering in-depth in this review.
For most products online, just like Priorin, you can rely on Amazon to provide you with the most reliable options. For a full 3-month supply of Priorin capsules (180 capsules) on Amazon, you pay $89.99 (at the time of writing). They also offer Priorin Shampoo which you can buy to use at the same time to speed up results.
Canada and Europe have the most available order options by far. Online stores such as well.ca, eBay, London drugs all have Priorin. That said, Priorin is also available on Amazon.ca where you can subscribe to receive the supplements on a monthly basis (and save 5% to 15%).
Priorin is arguably Canada’s most popular hair loss supplement, promising consumers a whole host of impressive benefits.
Products such as Priorin Hair Growth Capsules which have 60 capsules can be gotten on London drugs for $24.99, the Canadian store has been around since 1945.
Also, well.ca sells Priorin Hair Growth Capsules for $34.99 and eBay sells Priorin Intense 180 capsule hair loss genuine for $65.94.
In Germany, Priorin Capsules are manufactured by Bayer Vital GmbH in Germany and sold by mycare.de at €64.99.
The Bayer Priorin Intense 180 capsule hair loss genuine is sold on eBay for $65.94 in Europe.
You can get Original Bayer Priorin Anti Hair Loss Genuine, which comes in 60/120/180/240 capsules at $35.90 on eBay.
Another Priorin product, Prioress Extra, 60+60 Capsules-Pharmacy-EU sold on eBay is at $35.52.
Priorin’s Hair (Re)Growth Capsules’ Ingredients
Priorin’s ingredients used in their hair growth capsules are based on a study they conducted in 2000, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t use other studies to determine if these ingredients will truly solve your hair loss problem in the dosage Priorin uses (1).
Packed with amino acids (protein), vitamin B9 and minerals (phosphorus, magnesium, calcium and iron).
Millet seed extract is a botanical ingredient known for its credibility in maintaining healthy hair. A study in Germany has made it known that taking both millet seed extract and L-cystine and with pantothenic acid can greatly improve the condition of hair and prevents hair loss.
The amino acid profile of millets varies depending on what type of millet is being used. If we assume that this millet extract has been made of the most commonly used millet – pearl millet – then we can fairly assume that the amino acid Lysine (used here) will contribute to your daily needs, but will only satisfy 10% of it. Luckily we also consume Lysine on a daily basis through red meat (a roasted chicken thigh or 100 grams of beef) or tofu (1 cup), peas and beans for vegetarians/vegans.
Millet extract prevents hair loss which can be caused by iron deficiency, old age, menopause, and more.
That said, a lack of amino acids can contribute to hair loss, and thus taking in more amino acids through Priorin will most likely not be harmful and may help solve the issue. Lysine is one of nine essential amino acids in humans required for hair growth and tissue repair.
Keratin is what makes up our hair and nails. Keratinocytes are keratin and high levels of keratinocytes have proven to be effective in stimulating hair growth.
Millet is a whole grain that contains vitamin B6, calcium, folate, and magnesium. These active ingredients help to support your hair roots, improve your hair structure, and enhance hair growth.
Our head contains about 100,000 hair follicles, and as we grow older, some follicles stop producing hairs, which in turn causes baldness.
Calcium Pantothenate is the calcium salt of the water-soluble (just like Biotin) vitamin B5 and part of the Vitamin B2 complex that promotes, stimulates, and improves hair growth and hair re-growth by supporting the adrenal glands (that produce hormones).
Unlike Lysine found in the Millet Extract, L-Cystine is a semi-essential acid. Research has shown that L-Cystine in combination with vitamin B6 is able to prevent hair loss in mice induced with alopecia (3). Besides that, they also found that adding L-Cystine to the diet of white rats increased their weight (body AND hair) (4, 5).
Biotin (Vitamin B7)
Biotin is probably one of the most well-known ingredients that promises to grow back your hair and there is a lot of research (6, 7) out there that not only suggests that Biotin is a very effective ingredient in hair (re)growth, but that it can even produce results within 3 months of consistent daily use.
Priorin combines this entire ingredient to give a far-reaching result compared to taking Biotin alone. Biotin is great to fight hair loss, and when consumed in a Priorin supplement along with these other ingredients, it’s fair to assume that the results will multiply.
Besides the main ingredients meant to stimulate your hair growth, Priorin also used 14 other ingredients to put the capsules together and here we shortly address all of those so you know what you are putting in your body.
- Beeswax: the natural wax produced by honey bees – it is not harmful.
- Brown iron oxide: iron oxides are commonly used in pharmaceuticals as inorganic coating pigments – FDA-approved food coloring.
- Gelatin: made from animal bones, hides, and skins and used to produce capsules – likely safe in small amounts.
- Glycerol: This is a natural chemical that can be taken for weight loss, proving exercise performance, approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It can be taken by mouth, helping the body replace water lost during diarrhea. Athletes also use glycerol to keep from becoming dehydrated.
- Lecithin: Researchers have discovered that soybean lecithin can contribute to raising good cholesterol blood profiles.
- Magnesium oxide: This is a mineral supplement used to prevent and treat low amounts of magnesiumin the blood.
- Medium-chain triglycerides: Also known as MCT, this is a saturated fat derived from coconut oil and palm oil, the oil is used within the body
- P-methoxyacetophenone: P-Methoxyacetophenone is a flavoring agent and is insoluble in glycerine and mineral oil.
- Purified water: Drinking water is one of the most underrated methods to stay healthy, purified water works wonders.
- Red iron oxide: Red Iron oxides are chemical compounds spread naturally comprising iron and oxygen. They are useful as pigments and catalysts in blood circulation.
- Titanium dioxide: It is odorless and absolvent.
- Vanillin: It is used as coloring especially in foods
- Wheat germ oil: Wheat germ oil is extracted from the germ.
- Yellow iron oxide: The yellow iron oxide is an inorganic pigment used in preparing skincare products as a coating pigment.
Possible Side-Effects When Using Priorin
Before we go into the possible side effects that can occur while taking Priorin, let us make it clear that it is NOT recommended to use Priorin while pregnant or breastfeeding. We’ve compiled the following potential side effects based on the ingredients inside this formula using Priorin capsules:
- While the millet dosage in Priorin is very low and concentrated, if you think you should consume more of it, then make sure to not eat more than 37%% of your daily calories from this nutritional source or you might cause a whole lot of different health issues (8, 9).
- The recommended daily intake for calcium pantothenate is 5 mg per day for adults, but you will also be able to take 10 mg without side effects. However, with the 30 mg daily, you will likely experience diarrhea in the beginning. You can counter this by drinking more water than usual and eating a banana, rice, toast, oatmeal, and/or baked or boiled potatoes (without skin). If you suffer from hemophilia, don’t use Priorin.
- Usually, L-Cystine comes in a dose of 1 to 1.5 grams daily, the 6mg dose in Priorin is thus considered a lesser dose that will most like not produce the common side effects like nausea, vomiting, and other gastrointestinal issues (10).
Priorin Before & After Picture Reviews
While writing this review, we obviously also looked at what other (real) people said and experienced before concluding it.
It might be hard to see in the picture below, but as we mentioned in one of the studies, the white rat’s hair got heavier and that is exactly what happened here. While this woman was most likely suffering from traumatic alopecia (a result of unhealthy hairstyling practices like using hair straighteners), Priorin did manage to help her get fuller and thicker hair.
2 months is a very short period to get results, but that also depends on the severity of your hair loss or your hair problems.
If you have tried Priorin and it didn’t work for you or maybe you suffer from a different type of hair loss, then we recommend you to use any of the below-mentioned brands.
R, also known as Minoxidil, is used to aid your hair regrowth on your scalp. While Priorin is clinically proven to stimulate hair growth and regrowth, Rogaine does not cause permanent regrowth of your scalp hair.
Apply the recommended amount to the affected areas of the scalp. Rogaine is usually applied twice daily, in the morning and at night.
It is advisable not to use products if the scalp of your hair is damaged because it can penetrate into other areas of your body and cause damage. It can be gotten on Amazon at $52.22.
Rogaine on the other hand works by opening up the hair follicle which increases growth using minoxidil, which in turn sheds once you stop using it.
Pantogar capsules are made for hair treatment and pride themselves as a nutraceutical that is perfect for supporting hair growth, regrowth, and nails (ie, hair, skin, and nails vitamin). A pack of Pantogar cost $69.95 on Amazon, check here to purchase it. A pack contains 60 gelatin capsules and is ideally taken 2 per day for adults, depending on the direction of usage, and lasts one month approximately.
Priorin contains gelatin from a Bovine source, Pantogar is more ideal as a preventative supplement designed to stop hair loss and regrow it.
Studies have shown that Biotin is the key component in hair growth and also in the hair manufacturing process.
Supplementing with extra Biotin aids hair growth. A bottle of Biotin with 240 capsules costs anywhere from $18.95 to $52.64 on Amazon, buy here.
There is no recommended dietary allowance established for biotin. The adequate intakes for biotin are 30 mcg for adults over 18 years and pregnant women, and 35 mcg for breast-feeding women, but higher dosages are safe to use as well (sometimes even up to 10,000 mcg per day).
Things to consider
- Results don’t happen overnight
- Biotin is for men AND women
Biotin is the key component that aids hair growth, while Priorin is made up of various ingredients for the same purpose.
While Priorin combines four essential hair regrowths like Millet Extracts, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, and L-Cystine, Biotin is a single vitamin used for hair growth, hair loss treatment, nail growth, and skincare and pure Biotin supplements are in higher doses than you will consume with Priorin.
If you are a man or woman suffering from androgenetic alopecia, then Priorin can help you grow back that hair and prevent further hair loss. While research suggests taking it consistently over a period of 12 to 24 months, the first results may already come to the surface after 3 months.
The Priorin capsule reinforces the hair from within and helps to build hair development by providing the hair cells with significant micronutrients. Additionally, Priorin may help your hair look thicker by boosting hair moisture content and aiding in sebum secretion by the scalp’s sebaceous glands.
This Priorin review will help you make a better and informed decision when trying to get the best hair growth product for your hair, and as such, it is not a scam, but a legit hair supplement that aids hair growth.
For those of you who want quick answers to their questions, we have dedicated this section to the most common questions asked in regards to Priorin and answered every single one of them in detail.
What Is Priorin?
Priorin is made by Bayer Inc., a Canadian subsidiary of Bayer AG, an international research-based multinational pharmaceutical company with more than 150 years history, with specialization in consumer healthcare products, human and veterinary pharmaceuticals, agricultural chemicals, seeds, and biotechnology products, with a core focus on advancing health and nutrition, producing healthy medicines and products for consumption that are clinically tested by health agencies.
The Priorin formula is a combination of various natural herbal extracts, vitamins, and minerals; the amazon-listing page states that Priorin is “clinically proven to stimulate and increase hair growth”, consumers are also promised effects such as hair regrowth.
Is Priorin Safe?
Priorin is totally safe and poses no immediate health risk to consumers; the formula is free from any ingredients that have been officially banned or marked as unsuitable for human consumption.
Can I use Priorin While Pregnant?
In the interest of safety, it is our advice that women do not take any supplement whatsoever while they’re pregnant or do so at the direction of their physicians. There are certain ingredients inside Priorin that have not been proven to be 100% safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Who Should Use Priorin?
Priorin is recommended for adults and can be used by people above the age of 14 years, for revitalizing hair loss. With a dose of 2 capsules daily and a healthy diet. Hair growth happens at a slow rate and requires a little persistence. It is suggested that you use Priorin for a period of 24 months for effective usage.
Priorin is appropriate for long term use. You can use it over and over again if required, as recommended on their official site.
How do I use Priorin?
Priorin capsules should be swallowed whole, without chewing, with plenty of liquid. It is best to take this medicine with or directly after meals. Priorin is suitable for daily use throughout the year. Read the package leaflet or instructions on the package before use.
- GEHRING, W., & GLOOR, M. (2000). Das Phototrichogramm als Verfahren zur Beurteilung haarwachstumsfördernder Präparate am Beispiel einer Kombination von Hirsefruchtextrakt, L-Cystin und Calciumpantothenat: Ergebnisse einer in vivo Untersuchung bei Frauen mit androgenetischem Haarausfall. H+ G. Zeitschrift für Hautkrankheiten, 75(7-8), 419-423.